For our vibration tests we have a wide range of shakers that differ in aspects of force vector, maximum amplitude (deflection) and frequency range.
We use both electrodynamic and servo-hydraulic shakers in our laboratories for your mechanical tests.
- (2.5–2,600) Hz
- Maximum peak-to-peak amplitude: 4 inches (101 mm)
- Shocks up to 100 g (depending on mass and pulse duration). Higher accelerations are possible using special shock equipment.
In addition to the standard sine, noise and shock tests, we also perform sine over noise and noise over noise tests.
Samples weighing up to 1,000 kg can be tested.
Standards (examples): ASTM D4169, ASTM D4728, ASTM D999, DIN EN 60068-2-6, DIN EN 60068-2-27, DIN EN 60068-2-57, DIN EN 60255, DIN EN 61373, DIN EN 50155, DIN EN ISO 2247, DNV GL, ISTA Series, ISO 2669, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160
Shock tests can be carried out both on our shakers or, for particularly high loads, on a specialised shock test machine.
- Maximum test mass (test object + adaptations): 1,100 kg
- Maximum acceleration: 6,000 m/s²
- Effective area: 1.2 x 1.2 m
- Pulse duration: (3 to 40) ms
- Shock types: half sine (others available on request)
- Calculation of shock response spectrum
Standards: DIN EN 60068- 2-27, MIL-STD-167, BV 0230 (others available on request)
“So you don’t break a sweat!”
Our temperature and climate tests enable time-saving, cost-efficient and reproducible investigations into the suitability of your product to climate and weather-relevant criteria.
To conduct these tests, we have climate chambers of various sizes in which extreme temperatures, humidity, rapid temperature fluctuations, condensation and icing can be simulated.
- Climate chambers with up to 20 m² floor space
- Temperature range from (-70 to +180) °C
- Relative humidity from (10 to 98) %
- Temperature change rates of up to 7 K/min
Standards: ASTM D4332, DIN EN 60512-11-1, DIN EN 60068-2-1, DIN EN 60068-2-2, DIN EN 60068-2-14, DIN EN 60068-2-30, DIN EN 60068-2-78, DIN EN 61373, DIN EN 50155, DIN EN ISO 2233, DNV GL, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160 (others available on request)
Most standards and test specifications recommend the salt spray test for checking the corrosion resistance of materials or samples. In these tests, the samples are exposed to a corrosive water/NaCl mixture, either constantly, cyclically or in alternation with moist heat.
Standards: DIN EN 60068-2-11, DIN EN 60068-2-52, DIN EN ISO 9227, DNV GL, MIL-STD-810, RTCA-DO160
Ingress protection (IP) class is the degree of protection of your casings or enclosures against water, foreign matter or ingress by hazardous materials. Our laboratories offer a complete IP class testing range, from IP1X to IP6X. Testing for water ingress is conducted from class IPX1 up to and including IPX9K using a high-pressure steam jet device.
Our capacity extends to the testing of, for example, control cabinets with a height of 2.2 metres.
Standards: DIN 40050-9, DIN EN 60529, ISO 20653
Whether destined for the burning heat of Arizona or the moderate conditions of Germany, we are able to test your products for exposure to the entire spectrum of sunlight in our solar radiation test facility. In this way, we simulate the corrosive and thermal effects of the sun, for example on plastics and coating systems. Heat build-up within casings or enclosures can also be measured in these tests.
Both cyclical tests with day/night simulation as well as static exposure tests can be conducted using our system.
- Irradiance: (55 to 2,000) W/m²
- Maximum test area with uniform irradiance: 700 x 700 mm
Standards: DIN EN 60068-2-5, MIL-STD-810,
Our laboratories are equipped to test the chemical resistance of your materials and samples.
Test samples are either immersed in or sprayed with the appropriate test fluids. Our warehouse has more than 200 different test fluids from a wide range of applications.
- Fluids in stock as per Airbus AMS, Boeing D6-7127 & 17487, MIL-PRF-85570, ASTM, NATO number code
- Temporary storage in drying cabinets at T = constant
- Impact temperatures of (20 to 70) °C
Standards: RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810
At PAConsult, we have a powerful pressure chamber at our disposal for the simulation of ambient pressure from almost 0 bar to 2 bar absolute.
The chamber was specially made for our purposes with a cubic test chamber – a special feature in this field. Furthermore, cables and hoses can be led into the test chamber for commissioning the test sample. Test events may be monitored through two observation windows.
- Cubic test chamber with a size of 750 x 745 x 765 mm
- Cable feeders: 9 cables with a diameter of up to 16.5 mm each
- Absolute pressure from (20 to 2,000) mbar
- High pressure change rates possible
Standards: DIN EN 60068-2-13, ASTM 4169, ASTM D 6653, ASTM 7386, ASTM F 2096, ASTM F1140, ASTM D4991, RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810
For tensile and compression tests, we use either a 3 kN or a 100 kN testing machine.
Our testing machines have stroke paths of up to 1,000 mm, offering maximum flexibility. A wide variety of materials and geometries can be tested on our tensile-compression machines, from standard tensile bars made of aluminium or steel to foam padding. We are also equipped to conduct tests for cyclic loading (Wöhler test).
- Tensile, compression and flexural forces of up to 100 kN
- Stroke paths up to 1,000 mm
- Manufacturing of adaptations and mountings available on request
Standards: ASTM F88, ASTM D882, DIN EN 868
For dynamic tensile and compression tests, a 0.3 ton tensile compression testing machine is available. The travel of the testing machine is 400 mm. The maximum travel speed at 1 m / s with a maximum force of 3 kN.
A wide variety of material and specimen geometries are tested on the push-pull machine. Among other things, foam parts such as seat cushions or other flexible materials can be tested for their properties. If required, we would also be happy to configure a testing machine tailored to your testing requirements.